Ben Franklin Technology Partners of Central and Northern PA (BFTP) is seeking entries for its annual BIG IDEA Business Plan Contest. A grand prize of $35,000 will be awarded to one entrepreneur or tech-based startup to further develop and grow a business in northwest Pennsylvania.
- Be located in one of the seven counties served by the Erie office: Erie, Clarion, Crawford, Mercer, Venango, Warren, or Forest;
- Have a new, marketable tech-business idea that includes a commercialization plan;
- Have no significant sales if a product has already been developed;
- Have less than 50 employees if a company has been formed; and
- Never received previous BFTP funding.
Examples of applicable industry sectors include, but are not limited to: green technologies; alternative energy; advanced manufacturing; medical devices, information technology; and software.
Deadline for applications is 5 p.m. April 19, 2013.
For more information, visit bigidea.benfranklin.org or call 814/989-6650 to speak to the team at the Erie office.